View Single Post
      06-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #9
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
Funny the new and thoroughly developed Focus RS is 18000 euros cheaper then the manual M2...
How developed is the Focus in comparison? The M2 doesn't just have shocks, springs and wheels from the M3/4, the entire suspension carriers are modified and bolted directly to the subframe. Then there's the extra bracing, extra oil cooler, sump, more powerful engine with modified internals, differential, different gearbox from standard, etc.

The Focus RS is a hotted up Focus, and very good for the money, however I think it's important to keep in mind that your extra 18000 euros gets you:

1) a BMW
2) a better interior with virtually every option available as standard
3) what is effectively a new chassis compared to standard
4) the exclusivity of a lower production run

Just look at the air vents in the Focus. 'Sir, can we get some new vents? It'll re-' 'No! you will use whatever $%^&ing vents we have lying around! Turn them around or something and make them fit!'

If I couldn't afford an M2, and I totally acknowledge my good fortune in being able to, I would most likely be opting for a heavily modified M-sport 228i over a Focus RS. I've owned lots of FWD and driven front biased AWD cars and they leave me feeling a little cold.
Appreciate 0