ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Amadeus View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new in the forum. (sorry about my english, I'm a spanish native speaker)
As a company policy from BMW, in my country Chile (and in all latam I heard) only the M cars come with hi performance tires, so my m135i will come fitted from factory with Bridgestone Potenza run flat and theres nothing to do.
Itīs a sin, I know... But I want to know if someone has tryed (or owns) the car with those RF tyres to give me an opinion about them.

Thanks!
Why I am not surprised about this? Tell me about BMW Chile (WBM or Inchape). If this is a conscious decision of BMW Latin America which I doubt big time by the way, then it makes no sense at all.

Will it matter? Oh yeah, you bet it matters from comfort to down right performance, it will make a huge difference. I swapped from PS2 to PSS and difference is so big there is no way that it is not even bigger with Potenza rfts.

Solution: Depends on your wallet; if you can sell them sell them without making any serious mileage because they are expensive. I bet you can afford most of if not all cost for a PSS set which you need to import since they are not (at least were not) available in Chile or anywhere else in South America. Use tire rack, good prices, excellent service and fast shipment. Remember that you will need to pay import taxes as well

If you can't sell them then burn them as quick as possible and still go buy a PSS set as the replacement when you are done, they are that good.

I live in Santiago since some time (am an expat) you can PM me and I can tell you more about WBM, tires and stuff, if you wish to hear more
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0