View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

More than likely if you take it to a dealer they will say everything is fine (even if it isn't). From my experience driveline issues are hard to get the dealership to acknowledge. I would try to take a drive with a tech or SA so that way you can precisely show them what you are talking about. Rather than just say its a little jerky. But it seems like its not an isolated issue, so maybe bmw is already working on a service bulletin.

As for the tail pipes, post a picture. More than likely BMW is going to be a little reluctant to address this. Although it can be done. LOL. I got them to repaint the roof on my mothers CPO E65, because it shouldn't have been CPO'd with such paint imperfections. So, it really depends on the argument you go in with. One way to test it would be to get two pieces of round metal and a leveler. Then rest the leveler on the two bars. If the ground your on is not level, you will need to level the ground as well. If they are the same as exhaust, then all is good. One thing to be careful about is the exhaust flap. I am not sure exactly how that mechanism fits in the exhaust. That could render this idea useless.

Just my 0.02
Appreciate 0