View Single Post
      09-17-2015, 10:10 PM   #37
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Comfort means different things to different people. Comfort mode on the adaptive suspension doesn't seem as well-matched to the springs at low speeds over larger bumps, however it does reduce the shock and jiggle over small bumps in town so I think most people would sense it as more ''comfortable''.

I have a couple of car enthusiast passengers who switch my car into Sport as soon as they sit down as they dislike the float and extra rebound phase the car has over speed humps etc.

I do find though that at speed the match is better so sometimes use Comfort on very badly surfaced country roads or Motorways but almost always use Sport in town and on any reasonably smooth road.

Having non RFTs does assist with small bump compliance with my car and I should add that fitting Continental CSC5 non-RFTs to my wife's car (320d E91 replacing CSC2 RFTs) has made a big difference to the ride and grip levels, improved steering feel and made the breakaway much much more progressive.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0