View Single Post
      09-17-2015, 05:06 AM   #29
Tamasine
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Well, there's not a lot of specific advice for the Cooper S - most threads show people who have completely ditched runflats for non RFT. I'm ok sticking with them, but still not sure which ones would be best. Bridgestones seem to have good feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyly View Post
Basically what i was referring to as a "good" rft was the base-width of the tire.

The luxury line 3 series has 205 base-width on all 4 while M line 3 has 225 front and 255 rear. Bigger base-width means better handling (it also means less power since more width will mean more traction of the tires meaning more power needed to get on moving but that is whole another topic).

I usually read reviews online regarding the tires and buy my set accordingly.

Forexample, for non-rft's, i have read that the Michelin Pilot Super Sports have been chosen as the best and Pirelli P-Zero as second for performance summer tires. For winter tires it is Nokian for sure (i use them on my BMW as well).

So, what i am trying to say is, a bit of online research will reveal you the strengths and weaknesses of tires and you can choose accordingly (for example a tire that can grip like hell but that skids on wet will not help you except track days).
Appreciate 0