United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Because it makes it look like you're trying to "trick" her into giving you her number. It also looks bad because she never told you to contact her before you send her that text. If you get lucky enough that she replies and she actually is into you, then guess what? The games weren't necessary at all. Frankly, it's something a teenager would do.
Letting her know you've found it after all isn't creepy. Like I said, keep the first text innocent. Who knows she might come back with the conversation.

Quote:
Only someone with Asperger's would just immediately ask a woman to dinner like that. I never suggested that. Also, if you think you can "persuade" a woman to sleep with you, you're going to be wrong most of the time. They either will or they won't based on your personality, looks, status, and a number of other factors. Sometimes it does take time for people to warm up to each other, no doubt. However, they usually have some idea of whether they will or the won't not long after meeting you. Childish games and tricks aren't going to help change their mind, and are for the most part transparent.
I agree, but I basically have broken down what you've said and simplified it like you have to my suggestion. There is a smooth, finesse way to do everything. And persuasiveness was regarding getting her to talk not f*ck

Quote:
Finding out a persons interests is just a natural part of meeting someone new anyway. You don't have to force it. As for your persuasive/honest comment, that's just nonsense. You're not going to "persuade" a woman to sleep with you most of the time.
Regarding interests, I was just making it a point to make a mental note of what she does on the first conversation to help ensure a second conversation. I see people end the conversation Hi! How are you! Nice to meet you! Bye! Then you are friends. Merely a suggestion to get some info if he can. I never said that discovering interests wasn't part of meeting someone.

Quote:
*If* you get her number via your little trick, and she continues to talk to you, it's because she knew what you were up to all along and gave you her number anyway. In other words, you might just as well asked for her number and put aside the games.

When you play games, women actually know what you're doing, and most of them have seen it all before.
Again, finesse. How you go about bringing up the fact that you've misplaced your phone is what will determine if she believes you are genuine or not. If you've got a better idea outside of just ask her or let nature run its path by just being a man and straight up asking for it then give him some details. You've basically just said ask her. Which for the right girl is great advice but any idiot knows they can try that first if they feel it will work. The OP has pretty much asked for ideas on how to approach this girl. He's had the opportunity for a month and hasn't had any reasonable ideas so far so it sounds like he needs a couple 'tricks' don't you think? Women only know what you allow them to see. If you sound like a moron and stumble through your, 'pitch' then it doesn't really matter how you go about getting someone's number because you'll always seem lame and transparent. Being persuasive is a good thing to show the girl that you are worth her time. A lot of girls don't like to trust too much so that will require persuasion to show that you aren't just some other guy. I agree with a lot of what you've said but keep in mind that these are just simple ideas and its a basic road map or skeleton structure of what can be done. You don't have to use the cellphone 'trick' you can cross your fingers and hope that your synergy is so good right off the bat that things proceed. But a lot of times you don't always get that lucky. Being good at continuing a conversation, cellphone trick or not will be the key here which I think we can both agree on. If he doesn't get anywhere just from introducing these are directions he can go... I don't know any of the intricacies of this situation and I'm giving him a path to follow where as you've basically just told him to grab his balls and hope his hair do gets him the gold. Tell her you want to carpool to the damn gym and you'll need her number. You could also wait until you actually lose your phone to ask for her help. It wouldn't be a trick then, does that justify it? Point is can he keep talking to her and I've pulled that off many times successfully with the right words with a girl I've had a hard time connecting with.

Last edited by klipseracer; 10-04-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0