View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #170
kbjpick
Registered
Rep
Drives: 997 Carrera s Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
It's strange the M135i project manager didn't mention this in his interview, but like the M5 with its Active Sound Design technology, the cabin noise in my M135i is indeed generated as well

I unplugged the sound symposer device (see part below) and the results are astonishing.

First off, the radio sound doesn't work with (same thing happened for the M5 owner who disabled his M5 Active Sound). Car exhaust sounds normal (as you would expect) thank goodness!!

But that low bassy six cylinder thrum, all the way up to the banshee howl is gone from the cabin. Instead, there is a faint choked turbo six with the dump valve being the loudest thing. It's not nice and the car loses that character noise. Really noticeable from 2500 rpm. But really no reason to unplug the symposer device as it disables the car's audio system. This was done just for testing purposes.

Took a video today as hearing is believing!

Symposer Unplugged - I got up to 6-7k revs

Compared to the 'normal' sound...

I plugged it back I as soon as I could and woohoo - had my car back again! Also put the windows down and enjoyed the exhaust note in sport.

Never ever ever unplug this box (on the top shelf, above the audio amplifier)

May I ask how you get the display of Power and Torque? Is it a standard display feature on the M135i?

thanks for reply
Appreciate 0