View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #49
nigelb
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 S + BMW M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenN View Post
Please keep us posted, I too am really keen to do this. Does anyone know if the non-led set (links by logiclee) improve the throw and brightness of the headlights? I find that on a dark country road they dont stretch far enough ahead... im not too bothered about how they look on the car (ie the colour) as the oem bulbs are ok i guess, not perfect tho!

any info on this would be greatly appreaciated
Well I can confirm, the Osram Nightbreaker H7 bulbs are a definite improvement over the BMW Performance Bulbs I paid over £35 for. The rest of the bulbs - well they definitely improve the 'appearance' of the light emitted and provide a 'whiter' light. The DRL's are notable in this area.

I am not sure about the use of the Japanese Bulbs 55w H7 as my Main Beam unit, whilst they do produce a nice white light, I am not convinced of they are any better than standard.

Perhaps they just look sub-optimal compared to the Osram Nightbreaker Plus.

Strangely, the Osram, whilst being a definite improvement, still have a slightly yellow look to them to look at head-on - but they do deliver a very generous amount of light.

All the best and thanks for posting the details - I am a happy customer. All in only about £40 to change all the bulbs.
Appreciate 0