View Single Post
      02-28-2019, 05:44 PM   #119
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
dude you bought an FJ cruiser? And that color? And now a 328 I mean I'm just not even gonna say anything
All the drivetrain parts that failed on my FJ are common to the 4 runner. Seems like you take offense at being corrected when you are wrong... stooping to snide comments huh?

You’re wrangler comments are just nonsensical. I can tell you this, wranglers are expensive in your opinion because your comparisons are downright silly. When you say they are expensive what are you comparing that with? Yes they are expensive if you are comparing with other crossover suvs designed for road use that have none of the specialized features of a wrangler.

They are expensive because they have features other vehicles don’t and incorporating them cost more. Wranglers can’t cross platform and make for cheap development like other SUVs and vehicles. No other vehicles have folding windshields and meet 2020 crash standards. No other vehicles have 4 removable doors or even 4 door convertibles. What car/suv besides wrangler and m4gts comes with a roll cage off the showroom floor? Name another vehicle with front and rear locking differentials and tell me what is its MSRP?

No other SUV’s have solid front axles which are stronger and superior off-road (hence why f250 and Ram 2500 have them and not the weaker 1 ton trucks like F150 etc.). If my FJ would have had solid front axles I wouldn’t have experienced all those front end issues, and the great landcruisers of old had solid axles also.

All these things cost more to incorporate that’s why your comments are silly. It’s like comparing your M5 to a Camry and saying the Camry seats 4 and has leather the M5 is way overpriced. Well not so, the M5 was designed to perform to a different standard and that cost more and we need to compare with other vehicles designed around those parameters. (You wouldn’t think to cost compare a purpose built race car to a commuter car right, even though both can drive on the road?)

The problem is there really aren’t any vehicles to compare Wrangler with, so you are doing the best you can but it just doesn’t work. The FJ happened to be the closest comparison to be made recently and that’s why one ended up in my garage, but I can tell you first hand even it doesn’t offer the same capability or feature set and it’s not a good comparison.

Enzo Ferrari once said “The Jeep is America’s only true sports car” because he understood it was purpose designed and excellent in meeting the purpose it was designed for which is very specific and not the same purpose as other SUV’s like your 4 runner which is a road vehicle with some off-road ability. Wrangler is designed first for off-road so it isn’t entirely fair to compare to other vehicles which are not primarily (as in foremost) designed for and/or nearly as capable in that area.

If seeing a bigger picture than your ignorant statements makes me a fanboy, then so be it. But what I have stated is the truth ha!

Last edited by Biginboca; 02-28-2019 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0