View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #100
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
This question has been bothering me for months now. My F80 is exactly 6 years old now and I've never owned a car that long. One reason is because I've been really happy with this car, but the other one is the fact that there isn't really a car that excites me enough.

The situation is that I have never owned a car for so long, my financial situation has never been so good and at the same time I have never been so willing to buy a new car. But unfortunately, right now of all times, there is just hardly any car that appeals to me enough, which is pretty frustrating. The ranking list currently looks like this: 1st choice 992 4S, 2nd choice G80, otherwise there is basically no alternative I'm interested in.
I'm in the same boat. I need 4 seats and nothing exciting coming out to look forward except... another M3 (G80). There's a couple 2+2 cars out there but they are really impractical. Plus prices are moving up ($100k for a new M3.. what happened?). where are the performance bargains..?

Also there is really a lost focus on driving feel and passion, so much of these new cars have turbos with lack of engine sounds/feel, tons of gadgets to rob the experience from the driver. Automatic transmissions are the norm (laughable).

We need to roll back the clock 10 years and go back to the basics.
Appreciate 1
jesm207.50