12-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #73
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danxb1 View Post
Sorry to bring this kinda old thread back but, I have the same problem, I have the the doors seal rubber replaced in warranty and the creaks has been gone for a while, and now they are back, so would like to know how this is issue is fixed for good not temporarily, I am building a case so the dealer got it easy to fix for good, I've been in the dealer 4 times now for this same problem and kinda frustrated. So if someone kindly share to me how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
hello,i have personally used bmw silicone remover on the door frame which the door seal touches,it has yet to come back and i have only applied it once since october.
Some other people claim that they have fixed this problem using gummipfledge(which has not worked for me).

there is no real fix,unless bmw decides to change the factory it gets its rubber seals from.
They will tell you that the bmw teflon tape is the way to go in regards to fixing the problem (if they offer to put it on for you accept) ,and it will fix the problem...for a while atleast,until the tape gets contaminated aswell [the contamination happens when you wash the vehicle and afterwards you open the doors(thats why i only had this problem at the drivers door because i usually cleaned it at the self service and didnt bother to wipe any water off--i intermittently washed it together with my detailer once in a while--since i've found how to fix this problem and after hours of research (the self wash water contaminated the seals) i have decided to only wash it every 3-4 weeks at the detailer and the noise never came back]

they can try using teflon tape (83199407798 this is the part number as far as i recall)but it might come back;these are the fruits of forced cost reduction (bad quality).
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0