petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummy View Post
Howsit guys, sorry for the late reply!
So the parts are in JHB {Kribo }, they will have to be flown down! The only problem is, my BMW dealer or any actual BMW in the area dealer do not fit the exterior parts.

They have to DRIVE the car about 180km {111 Miles} to the fitting place. BMW charge R740 an hour {42 Pounds} but they have no clue how much the BMW panel beating place will charge me!

The entire process will take they said, about 8-10 hours, so labor becomes quite expensive. My main problem being that the exterior trim has to be done very far away. I also don't really trust anyone to drive my car that far, without me knowing how it is being driven!

So we are trying to get another BMW person/company to do the exterior, while the Chassis and perhaps the steering wheel will be fitted at my dealer!

Petay - Thanks for the confirmation in my choice! Going with the exterior bumper for sure!!

Vladberca - If I can't get the exterior done somewhere else, I will go that route! It will be too expensive for me to do the; full outside kit, chassis and steering, and still needing to pay a fortune for labor!

Cheers guys Thanks for all the help!!
Hey no problem hope you get it all in place without too much expense and hassle.

Makes me appreciate how easy it is over here to get the Performance parts supplied and fitted.

I sourced the front splitter unit at Leebmann 24.de in Germany and had it shipped to UK for £290 all in. My local dealer had the front PU off anyway as I was having the inside of the bumper sprayed where the factory paint was peeling so, as they had the front off and the paint mixed, they charged £150 to paint and fit the performance front splitter !!! massive result and good timing.

My MPE should be here from Germany by the end of the week to complete my "Performance" conversion project and I will post up a full pictorial review once fitted. This was £690 discounted

I tend to get most of my parts shipped from Germany as the Pound is very strong against the Euro right now

I am so pleased with how the new "nose job" personalises the car, had quite a few comments from petrolheads allready concerning the alloys and splitter all positive.

I also liked the 3D style carbon splitter which is available in the UK for about £400 but for less money I have stayed OEM and ultimately I think this is a cleaner, more integrated look although I know some find it a bit "blocky"

Good luck with your mission
Pete
Appreciate 0