12-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #71
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmershly View Post
I do not know a thing about market share, what I do know is that I have been using Android since the Android Dev Phone running version 1.0 of the software back in 2008 (iirc).

I am currently using a Galaxy S10+ and imho it is the best smartphone that I have used to date and I have used a ton of them.

My gripe with Apple has always been I feel like they are asking a Premium for the Apple experience which is a good experience, I myself have just never felt it is worth the premium.

With all that said,my Galaxy S10+ does not play nicely with my current BMW running iDrive 6.0 and an of course I am frustrated that I am going to have to wait for my next BMW for Android Auto, but that is life.
I understand your frustration. I have the same feeling about Apple. I do however like their stance on privacy and data protection which makes me reevaluate. Google and Amazon are exposing the users to much more data sharing and mining, which I am not necessarily in agreement with, because it is not 100% transparent to the common user and consumer.

Both OS should be treated the same by the auto manufacturers though, since the consumer makes their own choices.
Appreciate 2
clee1982797.50
chrisk03153.00