03-16-2023, 11:32 AM   #7561
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
It's 30 minutes before shift change, all your reports are written, and a call comes in. Who gets it? Especially if you just worked graveyard.
We have 4 hours of overlap at the end of my shift; the shift before me has 2 hours of overlap at the end of their shift (…I start at 1400 hours and their shift ends at 1600 hours; they stop receiving calls as soon as we are logged on). My regular shift ends at midnight, but the early-morning/graveyard shift starts at 2000 hours (…at the very latest they are logged in by 2100 hours). I wouldn’t ever get a call even close to the end of shift (…barring something really crazy occurring). I definitely don’t get a call after 2200 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Depends on the call. If low priority dispatchers will usually park it for the dayshift. If higher priority it get's responded to and the station will usually get someone out on the road to relieve you if necessary. But a lot depends on the call and circumstances.
This as well! Dispatchers will hold any routine call for the next shift, but priority or emergent calls will be dispatched. It’s how I handle calls when I dispatch as well.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-16-2023 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 1