Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It would be interesting to hear from BMW about why they didn't do exactly that. I'm sure they could've easily sold the units had they produced a car that was 80% of the concept. Who knows though?!? Maybe this car will surprise everybody.
Yeah, with the current M4 design it is damned if you do, damned if you dont. Make 3.0 CSL too different to M4 -- all the M4 owners will moan how come they didnt make it like that from start. Make it like M4 today - they will get people paying 600k wonder why get that over GTS, or make them feel this is a rip off. So they do a bit of both, key design cues from concept, but overall it is just M4. And I think thats where theyll have issues with that 600k sticker price. Its not gorgeous enough to justify it, for that money car must looks pretty damn good but what do I know.

Btw, for this money you can actually buy a LOT of cool cars. I dont even mean Singer or something trivial like this. Go futher, get like Pur Sang Alfa Romeo 8C or Bugatti Type 35. You can actually do historic races in them. Here it is just gonna be ... I dunno. The better make the 3.0 CSL look like a batmobile CSL we love, with modern twist. Something stunning. Not M4 with different grille.
You make some valid points. I never considered the part in bold, but you're right.
Appreciate 1
Tallest1307.00