Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Stig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
But not for US I guess?
Definitely not. US market only buys SUVs. 😞
Let's not rush to judgement. We knew we wouldn't get the M3 Touring because BMW didn't crash test the 3 Series Wagon in the US.
It's not coming to North America you can pretty much bank on that. Unless BMW is going to re-introduce the 5er Touring (which is highly doubtful), there's absolutely no chance North America is getting a M5 Touring. The lack of an E63 Wagon And RS 6 sales isn't going to help either.
The G99 is coming to North America.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/06/26/b...g-coming-2024/

A full 7 year product run is worth the homologation costs for BMW for the G99. It was not worth it for the G81 with a much shorter (3 year) production run. BMW can design the next 5 series touring to meet US DOT safety requirements, as this is cheaper early in the production cycle compared to late how the G81 was a very late product decision.
Has that ever been done? Unless this is also hinting that the 5er Touring is coming back, I don't see BMW only selling the M variant of the Touring and not have a 530 or 540 Touring.

I'm going to be highly skeptical because if the only reason why you would remove Touring models in North America is in favour of more SUV sales, it makes zero sense to introduce a highly niche vehicle like the M5 in touring form which will go against the very reason why you removed the touring in the first place. And we know BMW is currently being run by bean counters.
Appreciate 2
cbertels1215.50
M3 boi3211.00