06-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #1
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
Arrow What BMW's have you owned?

9th of June 2014. It was time for me to pick up my first BMW. Namely a 3 doors regular E87 120i with some 'M' parts (only aesthetic).

Car had 25.000kms on the clock and according the salesman this car used to belong to the secretary of the BMW Financial Director in Leipzig, Germany. With that said I was expecting to have a reliable car for the coming times. And I did! This 2L car was a fantastic experience and it definitely pushed me in making a total loyalty to BMW from the days i've been driving it. Drove the car to Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, France and never ever had any problems whatsoever.

The car was sold 4 years later namely on June 2018 and I've decided to pick up a F20 M140i with only 17.000 kms. Car runs 5 doors and comes with turbocharged 3-litre straight-six. Engine is a real joy to rev right to its 7000rpm rev limit; it doesn’t lose any energy as it gets close to the red line and it continues to emit a distinctly six-cylinder timbre. Sadly, it sounds best from outside the car. Lovely 8 speed automatic gearbox!

Car is currently with 103k. The B58's engine is another experience and I'm still enjoying it but with the eyes on a possible change over the next times. Still not sure if keep the F20 and get another car or do it as a trade. Anyway the car that is still part of my daily life despite is most of the time at the garage nowadays. Here's some of the pics of the first and current 1 Series. Show me your(s).

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 5