View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 11:45 AM   #14
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
This was specifically the City of Waterloo. Apparently a few counsellors didn't agree. But of course "save the children" won the day.
I ask anybody to actually just drive 18 mile per hour and see how fucking stupid that is. I mean why drive cars at all. I understand school zones and such. Of course we go slow. But my take is that these fucking endless do gooders want the whole city turned into a walking park. City street as well.
In some spots locally they have carved up the road so badly that nobody goes to these areas anymore. We once had 2 prosperous downtowns here as we are a twin city. Not anymore. They took out lanes and increased the sidewalk sizes. Took aways parking lots. All to the point where car drivers said "fuck that" see ya later. I'll frequent and go elsewhere for what I need or want. These downtowns are now wastelands of failing businesses. Endless restaurants with nobody eating in them. Because there is nowhere to park.
Kitchener has these cute commercials showing how you can walk the downtown to all these businesses. like a fun day out type thing. Ya right. They ruined once vibrant and successful downtown areas. And they wonder why. Seriously they do. Theya re so fucking stupid they don't understand . People want to use their cars !!!!!
When I was a kid these downtowns were busy. But like many towns they dried up. A lot of it due to too much development and ruling out of traffic. This is why the malls are busy....duh!
Our downtowns were all 4 lanes roads. Now they are 2 lane with no parking.
I wouldn't open a business in these areas if it was free.
Take away cars you take away business.
I knew exactly of where you speak after the first sentence in OP. Ludicrous traffic controls. Don't get me started on that facking LRT.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0