09-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #42
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Unfortunately the ever changing aspects of the industry forced us to accept no more dogmas as legislation and customer reaction has lead to a progressive global market. You either progress? Which for BMW , independence is the overall strategy or you become part of a committee which defines your strategy only if your sister brands can have it.

For BMW M. It understands that the purest form of performance driving lies with a manual transmission which is why the upcoming BMW M3 and BMW M4 will be offered with a manual transmission as will the next generation BMW M2 Coupe.
SCOTT thanks for confirming these points, to be honest I think it was stating the obvious a little, but I guess some people do need it pointing out over and over again! So thanks for your patience!

Whilst I personally don't have a problem with BMW embracing certain technologies if it's what the market demands and legislation requires, I do worry about another Dogma no longer Holding true:-

"BMW's live up to their reputation as being the primary choice for the buyer who wants the most solid and sporting, involved, driving experience in any given segment"

... because it seems to me that both Mercedes-Benz and Audi have gained some ground here, in terms of product and general perception.
Appreciate 0