01-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #25
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I don't think its EV platforms that are causing EV's to be ugly, manufacturers are simply trying to be aerodynamic as well as space efficient while having their EV's "stand out" more than regular models, and in order to do so, they try to push new and unusual designs on the public.

EV's can still look great and very "ICE" like as the Mustang Mach-E, Model S, and Porsche Taycan have shown us.
When Toyota Mirai was launched, the design caused quite a few eyebrows to be raised. The redesigned 2021 Toyota Mirai looks nothing like its predecessor and for the better. Apparently Toyota listened and appreciated that electric / hybrid / hydrogen powered cars do not have to look visual design experiments conducted by interns.

Based on the latest video of I4 being tested, the vehicle will look like the next generation Gran Coupe - only electrified. I believe BMW is very much aware that transition to EV technology should not be a leap faith for a core customers.

Mercedes? It's unclear what visual design direction has been chosen by its designers. For unknown reasons, EQA has borrowed many contour elements from Balenciaga sneaker (all rights respectfully acknowledged).

PS. VW ID.4 is much more appealing than EQA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0