View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #64
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Someone really needs to put the AMG against a well used, low mileage and stock 1M (there are plenty) with recorded data and on track impressions. Someone like a serious German or UK auto magazine, would be best if it includes a dyno session of both cars to see what exactly is different.

I bet they have similar power output in reality, 1M has much more torque and 1M would come on top both as driver preferance and lap times (this will also depend on type of track); but I have to say that I would be very surprised if a 1M can get very close to this AMG in terms of straightline acceleration. Maybe it could catch and pass the Merc around (1M's) third gear speeds though.

Obviously the AMG is the more contemporary design with better versatility and easier to use or speed up but I would never believe that a 4wd AMG with a small engine big turbo mated to auto box configuration can deliver half the fun or thrills of 1M. Next M2, for its own sake, should keep its predecessor in mind as a benchmark to better or at least equal, not these marketing attacks from Mercedes or Audi.

There are passionate people in M Division, I hope they will be given another chance to deliver something special with the M2 and not just an answer to this AMG or coming RS3.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0