01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
That's funny, I had a 318iS e36 with LSD. On gislaved nordfrost 5 with studs it was truly epic in wintertime, never got stuck =) I didn't tow any jeeps from ditches but it was fantastic making it's way through conditions that seemed impossible.

So my F20 on studless feels like a joke compared to that =( really poor when there is a bit of snow. If I loose momentum and come to a stand-still it's game over. Trying to park it in a bit of snow is a nightmare. The electronic diff don't cut it, seems like 1wd at standstill (works great at speed though).

I used to be the guy who went MUAHAHAH when everyone else was stuck and I had no probs, now I'm the sitting duck and even toyota Aygos and stuff drive past me having the laugh
My 318iS also had an LSD. I haven't got stuck with the F20 yet, but I haven't really been out in very slippery conditions either. I guess you are running runflat tires? I'm not! :-)

The Aygo has pretty good traction, since it it is lightweight FWD with most of its weight on the front tires.
Appreciate 0