View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #182
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Meh, if it was a hatch, not a notch back, I'd buy a little of that argument. I daily drove Miatae for years and never really felt that compromised, nor do I see a large trunk or easy storage in this thing.
I am also a former Miata owner and it was my dd for 8 years many moons ago. The Toyobaru besides being a Coupe - the noise inside the Miata cabin could be unbearable at times at high speed - has much more storage room either from the trunk itself or from the back seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I can't think of a single supercharged 4 banger that has been good to drive. Using Subaru as a partner and then bypassing their strength in turbocharging for a supercharger just screams of stupidity. We shall see, but I'm not holding my breath. Further, what does a supercharger have to do with a commitment to handling?
Man, this says it all... if you don't understand how the lack of turbo lag - which is absent with a supercharger - majorly influences the handling of a car you don't know what your talking about.
Appreciate 0