View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #60
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

This article is BS. The only car to see will be the M235i M Performance GranCoupé and the M2 GranCoupé. No "M1 Sedan" be it the current F2X or the next 1 Series Generation. What is likely to be however is 1 Series M Performance Tourer, and all those other pseudo ///M vans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Maybe, maybe this makes sense for a M135 hatch vs. an M2 Coupe
but there is no way in hell BMW can justify or market a M135 Sedan with 6 cylinders alongside an M2 GC with 4 cylinders (both being 4 door cars)

Another point is Throttle response and turbo lag. The next gen M3 and M4 are rumored to have Tri-turbo and BMW is trying very hard to keep the throttle response and not induce massive turbo lag on these new M turbo motors. They so far have successed somewhat with the M5/M6 X5M X6M motors

With this new M2, there is no way in hell that they can get 340 Hp out of the 2.0 Turbo four and preserve good throttle response with minimal turbo lag. Heck they can barely achieve that with the Turbo six that makes less Hp

Thoughts?
If they "successed" with the M5/M6, why can't they with a 4 banger M2? BMW 1.5l I4 makes 170 PS, Mercedes AMG 2.0l I4 makes 350 PS, Ford EcoBoost 1.0l I3 makes 150 PS, Mitsubishi EVO X 2.0l I4 makes 400 PS. Funny you can't believe BMW will be able to make that when you are convinced by what BMW has now.
Appreciate 0