View Single Post
      04-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #111
mytsoul
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 N47, E46 ti

finally Success! 160 gb, idrive business, e91, 2008, 6FL, generic usb cable(belkin)

Hi Guys (n Girls),(but I think girls don't give a crap about this stuff)
What a great and complex thread! With finally a few answers...
I was worried I bought a lemon e91 with 6FL when I was having ipod issues with my 160gb classic. I have 112gb's of music so the interface had to work!
All my lower capacity ipods just work via usb (no y cable) no hassle. The big 160 gb was not so simple.
Tried different formats on the ipod and finally hit gold when I tried MS-DOS (FAT) and incremental additions to the ipod. In other words adding playlists a few at a time and testing with the bmw. If I loaded it up via itunes and just asked all music to be uploaded the idrive would never recognize the ipod.
So far playlists are not supported(even though I selected smart playlists as my upload criteria), while genres, artists, albums and songs are supported. My playlists are set up to capture all my music ie playlist 1 caprures all rock songs playlist 2 all house...
Hope this helps someone out there or feel free to ask...
Cheers for this thread helping piece together the puzzle.!
By the way I have no y-cable and no Bluetooth... It just(finally) works and sounds pretty damn good! Next up the Alpine upgrade...
Mytsoul
Appreciate 0