View Single Post
      09-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #438
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Dude, you're supposed to learn after the first one. The starter wife. Second wife should be a breeze.
I learn something from all of them. Each is a different experience all it's own. I learned everything I wanted that I wasn't getting from the first one, the second one taught me to read in between the lines of getting everything I wanted but not accepting the things I didn't want. I got more than I bargained for with the second one. I loved the wife, just not the other 42 personalities that came with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I cannot second this statement enough. It's 1,000,000% accurate.

The little company I work for has gone so far to appease these sorts of people that we are now empowering and enabling them. it's ridiculous. One particularly troublesome young woman, who we have dubbed the "virtue signaler" is a freakin' lawsuit ready to happen. She's very attractive and knows it but she's also in a relationship with a woman, primarily socializes with gay men, and has serious issues with heterosexual men who she has called "repugnant" for their objectification of women on more than one occasion that I have personally overheard. Needless to say I steer clear of her. I don't look at her, I don't talk to her, unless she approaches me needing something. otherwise I keep my distance. Well apparently she complained to HR that she thought I was upset with her or didn't like her because I'm not friendly and open with her. WTF!? There's no winning with this one and there's a bazillion more of them just like her out there in offices across the country, just waiting to F you up. Anyway, I'm in a management position with my company and thus the stakes are high. HR knows all about this woman and just brushed off her concerns, though they thankfully alerted me. I told HR my concerns and that I refuse to be alone in my office or a conference room with her. Any time she sets up a meeting with me I forward the invite to her manager, who is a woman, and require her to join us. Gotta cover my backside.
Wow....the fact that even avoiding confrontation with her causes a big enough issue in her mind to take it to HR says everything. That's crazy!!!

I have a tendency to keep my head down at work and not associate with anyone in particular as not to be viewed by other employees as being associated with a clique. This will cause serious issues in what I do. Where I work is so clique-y it's a lot like a prison yard. If I joke around with someone and then work on a project in a department where employees don't like the person I was seen joking with, the other employees will do everything in their power to wreck what I'm working on. This goes with management here as well, they're actually worse than the production employees. They will intentionally not approve projects that need completed for production/financial/compliance/environmental reasons just because they are upset with you about completely unrelated issues. Craziness. "Oh you took the stand of xyz on this topic? Well I can't approve project abc because of this."

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-14-2018 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0