View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #57
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Question - why do we think the MY2019 F82/F83 will have only a 8mos run?
Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, this is probably just to get all 4/M4 starting at the same time for MY2020.

Quote:
In prior threads it sounded like the F82 would continue through MY2020. Does that still seem to be the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbertin0 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. Will there be a 2020 MY M4?
Yes. Model years end at different times of the year depending on a number of factors. An early end to a model year is not a signal that a model is ending production for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Just wondering if its worth waiting to see if they will do any MY2020 tweaks to the car or if MY19 and MY20 are going to be pretty much identical?
The base model and Competition package will no doubt remain the same. Any tweaks will be minor and would more than likely be limited to perhaps making more equipment standard or changing content bundling.

There is a chance for some limited run special edition model(s) with exclusive cosmetic features. There is also a tiny chance for a CSL model to succeed the CS, but I would not necessarily bank on that - it is more likely going to show up as a G8x generation product instead. And if it were to come, expect it to have a GTS-like MSRP.

Quote:
Perhaps the M4 Competition (like what they are doing with the M2?)
That's a semantic change that will take effect with the G8x M3/M4. Don't expect the current M4 to change from the existing ZCP packaging.
Appreciate 1