c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskillclimber View Post
You erected a structure on another's property without doing the property due diligence (survey) in the first place. Your prior neighbors were ambivalent or ignorant of the intrusion and you now think that justifies your initial mistake.
The irony is you attempt to impinge the character of your new neighbors when in reality they did the correct thing utilizing a current survey and letting you know there is a dispute.
You made a mistake. Just own it.
This is correct. It doesn’t matter what previous owners allowed or not. Unfortunately you based the fence on faulty information….considering the new information is irrefutable. You must move the fence if the other owner doesn’t want it on their property. I’m not an attorney but have seen this 3-4 times so far and the fence owner has always had to move the fence.

I also had a neighbor who built a very large backyard shed that blocked my water view. He said he could build whatever he wanted on his property. Wrong. He had to take down the shed or move it so as not to impact my view per the neighborhood covenants. He did and shortly sold his house after only owning a year and half.
Appreciate 0