02-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #33
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gras View Post
That makes sense. I went for the prof mainly because i wanted the PlugIn option. I have all my music on the iPhone and i wanted the interface for it on the idrive.
I'm 100% sure about the nav controller the one you showed with nav and radio/cd buttons is what you get on bus nav too. The basic nav controller you showed in the smaller pic comes with idrive without any nav. The ability to change between the screens quickly using those buttons is the next best thing to prof nav where it gets displayed in split screen.

As for the rest, thanks for the reply. I'm learning to work with the voice control, I.E. call up the relevant screen using the idrive button and then use voice control function for that. It's useful for dialling a phone number... but I've experienced a lot of cars with voice control.. it's just not quite as good as you'd hoped it would be. I expect to have it in my car with the extended bluetooth, but I'll let you know.

Interestingly in my moms car, the media player in phone option wasn't selected, yet I can play music over bluetooth from my iphone no problem! Lets see if mine has the same. (on the of the rental cars I drove with bus nav and extended bluetooth selected could do it, the other without extended bluetooth but bus nav couldn't)

Thanks for the info regarding the hard drive and DVD

If going for the full prof nav doesn't mess with your budget, I'd say go for it, it is really cool. But I really just got the system so that I didn't have a tomtom stuck to the windscreen ruining the atmosphere of my painstakingly chosen interior. I was well over budget by the time I selected that!
Appreciate 0