View Single Post
      03-17-2022, 03:42 PM   #12731
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I foolishy got back with my ex and had to break up with her again, hurting her twice in the process. I'm 29 and she's 34. I'm not ready for marriage/children and I my conscience wouldn't allow me to continue stringing her along emotionally and wasting her time. I'm in Medicine and doing my Residency, so haven't even had my first real job yet and figured out what I want out of life.

If I stayed with this lady, it puts a lot of pressure on me internally to tie things down really quickly. She's not pushing me into marriage/children, but when a lady is 34 these things have to be on an expedited path. Also, given the exploding cost of living especially here in Los Angeles, I'll admit that her $100k salary just didn't seem enough to me for the lifestyle I always expected for myself. Clearly, fear of true commitment was an issue here

Somebody enlighten me here, have I been a gigantic asshole? Is it wrong to consider money? Is my thought process totally f'ed up and i need to mature? She loved me dearly and I think I love her too. No woman has ever respected me like this or been as accommodating and kind to me. However the practical side of my mind just wouldn't leave me alone here. Love is one component to a relationship, but for a lifelong marriage I don't feel it's wise to ignore the practical side of things.

Somebody talk sense into me. My greatest fear is that she could be "the one who got away" and it would all be of my doing.
You sound like a douche. No offense. To not stay cause she only makes a 100 K? Lol. You in school. She could be with someone making real money and not with you. She will probably find someone making real bank and never think of you anyway. Good luck homie
Appreciate 0