View Single Post
      09-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #448
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
my mom's sister (that makes her my aunt i think?) was diagnosed with BPD and schizophrenia so i know what can happen when they're having an episode, if you guys can put up with that that is some patience i do not have but aspire to have...
It's not really patience. It's also not really something that a person can explain, it's just something you experience. It's like an addiction once the person infests themselves into your life. Consider this, people who are drug addicts once said, "I'll never allow this to happen to me" and it's not as if they woke up one morning and thought to themselves "Today is the day I'm going to ruin my life be becoming addicted to something that will eventually ruin me." It just happens and then you find yourself in the middle of it often acting in a manner that it isn't consistent with who you are.

I've had several friends go through the same thing. It all too easy to say "I'll never do this", "This will never happen to me" or "I wouldn't put up with that." I said the same thing. You never know how you will act or react until you are in that situation yourself.
Appreciate 2