View Single Post
      12-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #2715
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, you've only ever had 2 arguments, then you had one last night and another one this morning?

I too suffer from the lack of initiation by the partner. It gets extremely frustrating for me to TRY to initiate and then nothing happens. My wife thinks that if I look her in the eyes, look at her chest, and then she shakes a bit that she has in fact initiated. Both you and I probably wouldn't agree.

Do you think you REALLY want another type-A??? I'm more the laid back in my relationship, but it really does get difficult to ALWAYS be the one apologizing after an argument. I do it though because I know she has cut off blood-family over silly shit they can't even remember any more. With that in mind, if *I* don't patch it up, it won't get patched.

More than a few times I've been on the receiving end of "You don't support me" when it comes to her kids. That's because I will never hear the words 'You aren't my father' again, not going to get into an argument beginning with "No, I'm still here supporting you" The response I get then, regarding our shared son, is "You go tell him" OK, I will, and that's why he listens to me and shows me a bit of respect.
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I will end up apologizing and for what? I got frustrated because I wanted to see if she would actually follow through with what she wanted, she didn't and then she is the one that got upset and rolled over in bed, but when I mirrored her actions and rolled over myself then it became an argument. This morning I woke her up for work, finished getting ready myself and she said nothing. When I finally spoke to her she said, "I wondered if you were going to speak to me this morning." Why couldn't she speak first? That's the entire problem. I need to make the first move on every damn thing and then she follows.

Yeah, the thing with the kids is exactly why I don't want to get close to them. I tried in the past. Last year at Christmas I went on a trip with them to see Christmas lights. The youngest started crying on the way there and it continued the entire time. When I finally had enough and started jokingly giving him hell with comments like, "My man, you are still crying? Your mom takes you out and takes you places and all you can do is cry?" She got pretty upset with him and me so I just kept my mouth shut the rest of the trip. That was the last time I made an effort to be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Judy, I was going to give you some great advice ... but Joe beat me to it.

Yep, it’s like he read my draft. I just didn’t get it out there soon enough.

The only difference was the way he spelled color.

Hang in there, guy. He actually did give some good advice which I know you know.
Appreciate ya man.
Appreciate 2