View Single Post
      09-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #692
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I thought YOU were also confused about your gender. Is that not the case Judy?
This is MOST definitely not the case whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
No disrespect intended, but like to pursue this since it is OT after all, we can afford a little digress from the topic for a moment.

What is the point of being a squire - seems to me its just like any other "friends of XX" club. Just have to be recommended by a member...but so what? What does it get you really?

I looked, this page had a bunch of info it seemed, but they also made you pay for some of the "gifts".
http://www.jdcollectorspage.com/TSAssociation.html

You get a little (and I bet it is extremely small...likely an inch or something like that) plot of land, some letters, and each Squire can only nominate one other person in their lifetime (apparently). But for all that...still not seeing the benefit?

Not seeing any say exclusive offers for rare one off barrels, etc? That would be worthwhile, but haven't seen that mentioned.

I guess I just see it like me being a "friend of Ardbeg" - not of any use at all, except I'll get the occasional email informing me of a new offering and when it will be available to buy, but that is for the general public - not exclusive to me.
No disrespect taken at all. To be honest I have no clue what all is entailed from squireship other than private tours, invites to private barbecues/special events not open to the public and of course a deed to the imaginary 1" plot of land on the distillery. Again, I've never delved into the squirehood or have even been to the distillery. From taste, I have always been more of Woodford Reserve man myself. From knowing the proper way of tasting whiskey, bourbon, scotch and the like in my personal opinion Jack Daniels is far from the best. What separates Jack Daniels is simply their marketing team. They are very well known but far from the best in my opinion.

The ability to score one off barrels, rare bottles etc. comes from being close with those who have access to such things. I do know that a gentlemen by the name of Randy Piper has a store in Lynchburg that sells, or used to sell, rare bottles and can get them signed by distillers; called Gettin' Jacked. He was at dads funeral as well but I also know that at one point he was under investigation by the ABC due to illegal storage/sale of untaxed alcohol.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
Joekerr7929.00