View Single Post
      09-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #690
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I can sadly say that I've never even been to the distillery. Kind of a touchy subject but my squireship still stands. My sister used to go quite a bit but it was more of showing off type deal to her friends. I never wanted to show up to the distillery swinging around my shiny balls if you get what I mean. My father was really close to Jimmy Bedford before he passed. My dad went with him to pick out his Harley and they used to ride together quite often. The stories of the cookouts, get togethers, etc. were always great to hear my dad tell. When dad passed away and the Lynchburg crew arrived to his viewing it was quite surreal. A former Master Distiller, the new Master Distiller, several tasters, Jimmy's widow and handful of notables from Lynchburg walked in looking like a scene from Tombstone.

Having each of them come and shake my hand and explain what a great man my father was an awesome moment. I'll never forget Frank Bobo telling me about how my father helped him mend some of his fences on his property all while sharing some of his private stock during the work.

I inherited some crazy rare Jack Daniels memorabilia. In my kitchen, I have one of the barrels (#69 of 140) that distilled the first batch of Holiday Select and was one of the barrels in the barrel tree seen in the commercial from that year. There are only two in existence that have Jeff Arnett, Frank Bobo and Emily Bedford's (Jimmy's wife) signature on them; I have one and my sister has the other.

I've thread-jacked enough. Back to your regularly scheduled thread of dating stories/mishaps.
No disrespect intended, but like to pursue this since it is OT after all, we can afford a little digress from the topic for a moment.

What is the point of being a squire - seems to me its just like any other "friends of XX" club. Just have to be recommended by a member...but so what? What does it get you really?

I looked, this page had a bunch of info it seemed, but they also made you pay for some of the "gifts".
http://www.jdcollectorspage.com/TSAssociation.html

You get a little (and I bet it is extremely small...likely an inch or something like that) plot of land, some letters, and each Squire can only nominate one other person in their lifetime (apparently). But for all that...still not seeing the benefit?

Not seeing any say exclusive offers for rare one off barrels, etc? That would be worthwhile, but haven't seen that mentioned.

I guess I just see it like me being a "friend of Ardbeg" - not of any use at all, except I'll get the occasional email informing me of a new offering and when it will be available to buy, but that is for the general public - not exclusive to me.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50