View Single Post
      03-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #834
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
I think this is common sense: just like we know from the model designation of a gas car what engine it has and its power output, the same should be true with BEVs: a BMW with "50" in its name and dual motors should produce the same power no matter which specific model it is.
I agree with you on that - that's a good baseline rule.

I guess my point was, the "M" has tended to indicate a power increase: M40i models make more power than 40i models, M50i models made more power than 50i models when the two briefly coexisted (the 750i is an outlier since it would surely be an M750i if not for the unique M760i V12 model).

Quote:
I have some suspicion (not confirmed by anything, mind you) that G70 will have different powertrain hardware from G26 and I20.
That would be a good thing - they need to iterate quickly because it would appear that frequent incremental power increases are going to be the norm in the premium EV market. It makes sense - there are no regulatory concerns like there are when you want to make more power from an ICE. The new driving factor in power output is how it will impact range.
Appreciate 0