View Single Post
      07-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #1653
Leftkeylife
Banned
Rep
Drives: Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
No, I don't. I understand the difference between a street and track alignment.

Aggressive alignments are not only about handling and preference, but also about even tire temps and wear.

I was saying one is not good for the other. You're unlikely to enjoy driving a car on the street with a lot of camber and toe out on the front. It's going to tramline and wander like crazy on the street, but turn-in the way you want on track.

Using a street oriented alignment (less camber and likely toe-in) on the track is going to destroy the outer edges of the front tires while the insides have tons of life.
Yes I agree with you on the alignments and understand the difference, except that on the C8, I was indexing on that it seems you either get good handling or awful handling. I have found that while, yes, a track alignment is best for track performance and wear, many of the cars I've owned have a factory alignment yielded sharp handling on the street or back roads and still didn't need a track alignment nearly as aggressive as the C8. The C8 seemingly has a factory alignment that doesn't do that well at all on the street and needs one of the more aggressive alignments I've seen for track (generally Ive not needed much more than 1.5-2 neg camber and generally stuck to a 0 TOE). Now again, that's all what I am gleaning from the reviews and not first hand.

Last edited by Leftkeylife; 07-24-2020 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0