View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #3855
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We see things the same. I won't lie, when you get to that point as I did.....it probably isn't as fair to to the other person.

No matter how hard you put yourself out there, you will always hold back a little in reserve.

This may sound like a bad thing to say, but I'm at a point in my life where I could walk away and not really be that affected by it.

So it comes back around to what you originally said, it's like the relationship is one sided in your favor.

And for some odd reason, this is what keeps them pursuing you. I guess it's akin to the good girls like bad boys adage.

I'm not a bad guy persona by any measure, but I guess the way I come across gives off a vibe that I could take it or leave it even though I consider myself thoughtful and considerate.

And I may be way off base.....but in my experience women want to feel like they are the ones being pursued....but when it comes down to it....they prefer the thrill of the chase more when they are are the ones doing the chasing!

But then again, just my perspective. I was always kind of neutral until my divorce. Then I changed. When I started dating again, I went wild.

I guess I sowed my oats a second time, but then I was older and had no inhibitions. My male neighbors used to tell me that my place was nicknamed Motel 6 for the longest time.

I just politely asked them to not let things like that slip out now when my wife is around.
You and I are quite alike in many ways. I think the one thing that I enjoy the most about this way of life, is that it actually makes me appreciate the girlfriend a little more. I'm not so much dependent on her time as it isn't something I "need" per se, just something I enjoy. If something happened to us today and we were no longer together; there would be things I would miss, but it wouldn't disrupt my life much. With that being said, I do love her just not going to be devastated if it ends. I'll never allow myself to be that guy again.

When the current girlfriend and I just started dating a close friend of mine was over at my place. My buddy, the girlfriend and I were on my deck having a drink and a smoke when a mutual friend calls my buddy. Not thinking anything of it, my friend puts his phone on speaker and lets the guy know he's at my house and he's on speaker phone. Without hesitation, the guy on the other end of the line says, "What slut does he have over there tonight? Does she look good?" The girlfriend, very couthly stepped inside the kitchen without saying a word. I was embarrassed, Chris couldn't stop laughing and Drew (on the phone) was still going at it saying things like "Why is no one answering? Is he balls deep in her right now? Chris is he letting you watch?" Jesus, I'm uncomfortable reliving it as I type. Definitely a funny ass moment. I'll give her credit though, we talked after Chris left and she made the comment that she didn't care how I was before her, it didn't matter to her; all she cared about was who I am now. Three years later, she's still with me.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8208.00