Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutink View Post
Hi Guys,

I ended up buying a pair of Esco 10499 with the standard tops + a set of extra posts with the pivot blocks... from Reverse Logic

I am looking at the Arcan XL2T floor jack - https://www.amazon.com/Arcan-XL2T-Bl...dp/B007G83T16/

Thoughts on any others?
Keep in mind I have a lift so I really have no dog in this fight, but JUST because I love you guys (and I wanted to finally settle this) I just went out with my tape rule and laid down in the wet grass and measured the distance of the RWD chassis E90 front center jack point location relative to the bumper lip. It's approximately 32 inches (I'd call it 35 just to be safe). The Blackhawk 29023 long-reach floor jack I posted earlier looks like it will reach the center jack point and easily allow pumping of the handle.

I looked at the specs of the HF low profile jack and it's total length is just 20", so it would be a waste of money to get IMO. My advice to anyone getting new lifting equipment for the E90 is to get the proper flat-top jack stands (4 each) and a long-reach low profile floor jack. A 2-ton unit is far more than adequate since the weight of the heaviest E90 is not more than 3,500 pounds, which is well within the jack's lifting capacity. I'm not sure why people get hung up on the weight of a floor jack... it's a floor jack.
^ This is completely incorrect.

The HF low profile floor jack has a total length of about 73" - certainly long enough to reach the central jack point on any BMW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0