View Single Post
      10-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #124
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoF20

because 118i (basic) have 125KW and 250Nm and has much better acceleration (7.4s)
after tuning have 116i +25KW more than 118i(basic) , but acceleration is higher +0.7s
What are the reasons for this??? :/
There is one & simple reason for this. The factory DME is set to prevent performance upgrades using "anti-tuning" software. More in specific ,the DME has kind of a torque limiter where when its triggered the car gets into limp/safe mode.
Due to the above , the tuners are obliged to play with these limits and offer a tune that maximizes the performance but do not exceeds the factory software limitations.

The ACS tunning box ,as well as every other current technology tunning option, applies limited/partial boost on the first 3-4 gears so to avoid triggering the factory's counter tuning software.

Its no luck that ALL tuning solutions provide the same HP output and similar 0-100/0-60 times. The ACS seems to have an extra connection to DME thru Canbus . This is why I think this one manages to get better results. Then again i can only guess until i try it.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0