01-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #71
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
What is this about losing loyal customers if there are other M-fettled cars? If a customer cannot stomach to see an M135i, and thinks less of the ///M3 and can't enjoy it for what it is and always has been, good riddance, he was never a loyal customer then.
No matter what you call it, it's whoring out the M brand (read: watering down). Look here, There is not a single member on this forum who can question my loyalty to BMW, M, and especially the M3. I'm on my 4th M3 and 6th 3-series.

Will I buy another M3, I don't know, it comes down to the car just like it always has. But bullshit like this is a strong indicator that BMW may not be doing what is best for M and solely thinking about milking the M brand. If that's the case, I really don't know what to expect out of the next M3 and these decisions do put more doubt in my head.

When they announced turbos, I said its probably for the best even though we thrive off the high redline. When they considered V6, I thought OK I could live with that even if it's breaking tradition, it's probably for the best. When they announced 4-series as a coupe, I figured, hey, they need to stay competitive. When they put speakers inside the M5 with Pre-recorded engine sounds, I thought well, it's for the older M-driver, won't affect the next M3. When they said M does not need a supercar, BEACAUSE THE M5 is a supercar... I thought whatever, as long as they stay true to M and keep making monster M3s.

Well, there comes a time where certain things shake up your confidence no matter how loyal you are and this is one of those times.

What's wrong with making the "is" or something else the "in-between" they are looking for? People are willing to pay for the badge and say they have an M, so let's whore it out and milk it for what it's worth! That's what's wrong with using "is" or something else.

M-EVERYTHING!