ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ctorj3kyll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
True....and one of the other issues we have in our "nanny state" regarding car modifications is that spacers are technically illegal unless they are an OEM fitment
Oh joy, that's just great haha >.< one more thing to worry about!

A friend who's a lot more car-savvy than I am also told me that ADRs prohibit you from changing the width of the car's track by more than 25mm, so another legal technicality I have to watch out for.

I was hoping to keep the car 100% legal, as I expect it will be a bit of a cop magnet (relatively young driver, expensive car, loud exhaust, etc). For things like spacers and track width I don't expect your average beat cop would bother checking, and a few tyre places didn't seem to think it would be an issue either.

Bottom line, I drive like a grandma and always obey the road rules so hopefully they'll cut me some slack! XD
I reckon if they take a set against you, they'll defect your car for having bug splatters on your windscreen, or something equally trivial. Actually, it's not the police that are the issue so much as car insurance companies, who will inspect a car that's been involved in an accident very carefully.....sigh!
Appreciate 0