stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Tesla Upates the Model S and X with a New Interior and Revised Model Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrek
Tesla has unveiled for the first time the highly anticipated new Model S refresh with an “entirely new interior” with crazy steering wheel, new powertrain and more. It also comes with new prices and trims

We have been reporting on an upcoming Model S interior refresh for years now and it finally came.

Tesla hasn’t been giving a lot of love to its Model S and Model X programs design-wise and while they have been often getting incremental performance upgrades, the vehicles have become stale and it showed in the sales.

Now Tesla has finally unveiled the new Model S and the number one change is a brand new interior:

It comes with several expected changes like a horizontal center display and they retain an instrument cluster – though they made smaller as we reported back in 2018.

While the instrument cluster is smaller, you are going to have a good view of it thanks to the new a butterfly steering wheel.

Tesla calls it a “yoke” steering:

“The ultimate focus on driving: no stalks, no shifting. With a stalkless steering yoke, you can enjoy both the best car to drive, and the best car to be driven in.”

That’s similar to the steering wheel that Tesla unveiled on the new Roadster back in 2017.

But that’s not it, Tesla also added a third display at the rear of the Model S for passengers.

Tesla writes about the displays inside the new Model S:

“With 2200×1300 resolution, ultra-bright colors with exceptional responsiveness and left-right tilt, the new center display is an ideal touchscreen for entertainment and gaming anywhere. A second display in front of the driver shows critical driving information, and a third display provides entertainment and controls for rear passengers.”

Tesla also introduced a new glass roof to the Model S and a picture of it gives us a great look at the entire interior including the new backseat with a center console:

Here are all the features in the updated Tesla Model S interior

Audio and Media
Premium 22-speaker audio with active noise cancelling
Multi-device music and media over Bluetooth®
17” center display, 12.3” driver’s display, and 8” second row display
Gaming computer with 10 teraflops of processing power
Wireless controller compatibility
Comfort

Heated seats for every passenger, heated steering and heated windshield
Ventilated front seating
Tri-zone Airwave cabin conditioning
HEPA air filtration system
Custom driver profiles with automatic easy-entry and exit
Ambient lighting
Tinted glass roof
Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass
Convenience

Front center console with sliding cup holders and storage
Second row stowable center armrest with integrated storage and wireless charging
Automatic opening and closing rear liftgate
Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
28 ft³ of cargo space and secure front trunk
Wireless and USB-C fast charging for every passenger
Location-aware automatic garage door opener
Phone Key
Premium Connectivity, 1 year complimentary

Live traffic visualization
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming with access to Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Twitch, and more
Caraoke
Music Streaming
Internet Browser
*New features that become available after delivery may be subject to additional charges.
New Tesla Model S Performance, Trims and Pricing
While the interior update is the most significant at first glance, Tesla has also updated the Model S under the hood and changed its configurations.

Model S now starts at $80,000 before incentives and Tesla got rid of the ‘Performance’ version to replace it by ‘Plaid’ and ‘Plaid+’:

As you can see, the exterior design was also updated with a chrome delete and a different front-end.

The Model S Long Range now gets 412 miles of range, which goes down to 390 miles if you go with the higher performance ‘Plaid’ version.

As for the ‘Plaid+’, Tesla is expecting over 520 miles out of the vehicle, as the automaker previously announced.

Tesla confirmed that they “fully redesigned” the battery modules and pack of the Model S and Model X for the update.

We previously reported on Tesla’s secret ‘Palladium’ project, which involved new production lines for battery packs and bodies for the Model S and Model X.

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 1484
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1476
Size:  98.3 KB

Tesla unveils new Model S with new interior, crazy steering wheel, and more

Last edited by stein_325i; 01-27-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0