Thread: Prepared Meals
View Single Post
      01-18-2022, 07:07 PM   #22
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

We do Green Chef or Purple Carrot a couple times a month. Both are cook-by-number plans. Green Chef does more prep ahead of time, so it's usually quicker. But some Green Chef meals have seriously high sodium, so we check what we want to order beforehand to make sure we're not getting some meal with 2000mg of sodium.

Purple Carrot is all plant based stuff and they usually send you whole vegetables instead of precut stuff.

I do the cooking during the week now that I'm retired. Wifey will do it on weekends. I've pushed back about getting a box from one vendor or the other every week because 1) I get sick of cooking, and 2) sometimes I just want simple comfort food like pasta or chicken and potatoes, or maybe take-out. So we're getting a box every other week now. Tonight we had a Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Gnocchi dish from Purple Carrot. Wifey liked it. I thought it was ok, but wouldn't get it again.

These plans do cut down on cooking time and they do save you from having extra ingredients hanging around. The Purple Carrot ones at least are lower in calories, so they're good for watching your weight if needed.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
wtwo317968.50