View Single Post
      11-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #1580
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
To me art is simply about capturing people's attention with something that makes them reconsider their perspective. I use it to make people look deeper into what they are seeing. Most people see my artwork and see a tree, those that take the time will notice the direction the light is hitting the tree, then the depth of the background, then all the small shit I hide in the picture like faces or just weird random things. I mostly use art as an outlet. It's like free therapy. When something is really troubling me I can stand in front of my chalkboard for a few hours/days and lose myself in what I'm creating or simply having one focal point gives me the opportunity to see other perspectives of the issue. Once I'm done with the piece, I usually find that I either have a resolution to the problem or I'm comfortable with what was bothering me. I also usually have some bad ass artwork to either gift or hang on the wall after.
I can appreciate the benefit you get out of art. Everyone needs an outlet, and it is fantastic that yours is both harmless (because some outlets aren't), and results in something useful to you in the end.

My uncle is an artist. Apparently somewhat known in California, but who knows. Nice guy, kind of reclusive, has had work in the Smithsonian and other places. I look at his work and I appreciate him as a guy, but I still don't really understand it. Some of his charcoal work has detail that I can appreciate, but some of his other stuff...just doesn't resonate with me I guess.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00