Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
Yes, there was also a time when BMW was nearly bought up by Daimler-Benz. I suppose you'd be happy for that to happen? Although on the subject of the competition, Mercedes (who are a Brand owned by a larger group) will sell you buses, lorries and vans, all carrying the Mercedes Benz logo - they will even sell you AMG accessories for the Vans... You probably have a hissy-fit meltdown if BMW started putting it's logo's on such commercial vehicles (with M accessories) -- so really, how much do you want BMW to be like Mercedes, a brand who have been selling FWD vehicles with their badge on them far longer than BMW have?? And, what about Audi, the wholly (99%) owned subsidiary of, and financially supported, by Volkswagen (one of the worlds largest car manufacturers) that does not have to worry about shareholders at all, who have been selling FWD premium vehicles for decades.... yes maybe BMW should become part of the VW group That would make you happy too I guess.
I'm not sure what is being discussed here to be honest. Are we talking about cars, or owners? I should say you sound like a BMW manager when you talk about sale numbers, ownership, etc... I don't know how Daimler trucks (which are the finest trucks out there i ran a trucking company) has anything to do with the fact that BMW is no longer what it used to be oh and trying to hate on MB for selling trucks was a fanboyish move IMHO. BMW was something special, but now it's just another German manufacture.

Quote:
X4M hasn't materialised yet, though I grant you it is very likely. But there is no X1 or X3 M or M performance -- so again, I think you exaggerate... as for the M770, again a rumour, maybe when it turns out to be real you can complain about the M badge being whored out on a €100,000 car...
Hopefully you sir will be still around when those models come. I usually hate to use the "I told you so" phrase, but i will say that to you if you don't mind.

Quote:
But since you are so welcome to speculation, and take it as gospel, then you shouldn't be complaining, because it's speculated that a modern M1 is on it's way... you choose not to believe this rumour though you so keen to believe all the others.
Last time i checked Scott said from a financial stand point M1 doesn't make sense. And iirc, BMW M director said that BMW didn't give them green light for a supercar. And one thing to be noted, by supercar i mean a real supercar. Not a electric toy with a blender motor.

Quote:
You need to take you rose-tinted nostalgia goggles off. BMW has always made models that appeal to the everyday buyer, not just "enthusiasts", yes, there's always been more driver focused machines, but then, there's always been simpler, less powerful cars to support them, and sustain the brand.
Is there any lesser model than E30 316i? That car rocked. I drove one before i got my license. Do i enjoy driving a top of the line F30 as much as i enjoyed that car? No. And even that car which is weak in your eyes was just more driver focused than anything other manufactures offered in that class. People tend to say the W201 was a close rival, but the fact is it wasn't. The E30 was different than anything it had in that class.

Quote:
You last question is a funny one... I had a 4 door E30 320i for a couple of years, I've had a number of old BMW's (E24, E28, E30, E34), I'm far more interested in the older models than the new to be honest... so what do you think I would choose, an i8 or Z4M?....

I'll give you a clue.. it starts with an 'i', not a 'Z'.
That's quite a shame then.

Quote:
Fair enough, removing stuff to save weight is simple, effective and relatively cheap. But you suggested that it was some magic formula that only M really understood, whereas actually - this is a concept understood for decades by nearly all the car manufacturers.. and a lot of the weight saving in CSL was made by using expensive lightweight metals, and CFRP.
BMW understood that concept? very cool. So give me a moment to remember when was the last time they used that concept. Hmmm, i don't remember. Do you?

Quote:
You can have your opinion, but at least try to see both sides before you bury your head in enthusiast sand.
You are correct, i will. But i will stay hate on BMW

Last edited by Soorena; 09-17-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0