JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestar View Post
Sorry guys, too many drama queens here.

Is it sad? Yes, it is.
I feel people who really wanted to do this and i liked ED threads as well, no question.

But i don’t get comments like ,then i‘m heading to Porsche‘.
What’s your car choice, bc of the delivery?

When numbers went down to >500 per year then it’s more than understandable they won’t offer it anymore, especially in critical times like this.
This happens every time BMW makes a change to their business practice or new model introduction (read: new M3/M4).

Many people vehemently say they will never return to BMW or buy a Porsche. But what's the actual stated to execution ratio? Pretty minimal. Here are a few items to consider.

1. Which other brand offers the option for MT at the price point that BMW offers for each of their M cars?

2. Which brand offers the same performance and utility at its price point?

3. BMW is not going to lose any sleep losing the few of you that move away from the brand. In my previous post, I gave actual numbers at the amount of additional customers BMW attracted with their new X5 lineup in 2019.

4. If you have the option to go to Porsche, that should always be the option. As a friend once said, Porsche offers true sports cars while BMW offers sporty cars. By buying a BMW, you have already decided to compromise (which is not a bad thing) and have both driving pleasure and utility.

There will still be BMW enthusiasts in the brand and BMW will get positive publicity because of it. The brand does not need to please everyone and the direction is working out quite well.
euro*1659.00