View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 03:18 AM   #11
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddness View Post
I got the replies I expected, a M140i is a completely different car to a 125d. I had made my mind up and started to research 140’s but then the Covid-19 hit and like a lot of people my financial situation just got a lot worse. So now I’m thinking of a 125d and a good remap might be a solution for the moment. I’ve to try to sell my 730d first though and I reckon car sales won’t be great for the foreseeable future!
No...you ouldmakebig mistake IMHO.

In the next few months you'll find some M140s at an even lower price.

Do not go for the diesel........remember that it's the last inline 6 engined car.....don't miss the occasion to won one of them.

Off course, I really understand the financial situation (I do, believe me) but there's not such a big price difference between an aseptic (even sportier) diesel and a wonderful inline 6 gasoline unit. No way to compare the driving pleasure the M140i gives you. As I told you before, before owning the M140i I had a 120d, and it was such a good car.....but didn't made me smile as the 140 always does, especially after installing the M perf. rear locking differential. Mine in pure RWD.... far away more entertaining and engaging and fun as a purist petrolhead.
Appreciate 0