View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #6947
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Agree with everything you have posted. People are constantly looking for reassurance through social media. Why can't people just strive for what makes them happy rather then what they think could impress others. Results in a very negative way of living, constantly comparing.... Frustrating that I'm looped into the group just by age haha.

I'm a few years younger then you. Never had facebook/instagram/etc, only form of social media I do have is snap chat. But really these days I use it to keep in touch with friends back in PA as I'm down in SC now. Also use it to stay in touch with the family, my dad and brother are constantly off shore, so allows us to snap if they have signal.

I'm a young bull Rudi, but have the mind set of an old head. I was luckily instilled with strong work ethic from a young age. Grew up listening to classic rock and the alike. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely immature through highschool and college, but once introduced to the real world those life lessons I was taught young came rising up. I always wished my dad and grandfather would stop blabbering, but later in life you realize what they were trying to tell you. You realize the games are over and it's time to get down to business (contrary to popular belief, work can be a good time as well!). Unfortunately these days people have a tough time realizing the fun and games are over and understanding they actually need to pursue something in order to get anywhere in life. I enjoy the fight, and have always been a strong believer in Darwinism (in a more logical sense rather then wanting to fight everyone haha). I somewhat look down on those that rely on social media, tell-tail sign of a weak mind.

As much as I sound like I stickler, hope no one takes all of this at face value. Obviously I still have a blast and enjoy myself over the weekends, when I'm not working at least, but when Monday rolls around I'm ready to make some money!
Sounds like you're a damn slave driver.

I kid, I kid. We sound like we were cut from the same cloth. Same experiences as a young lad. Was taught to work hard and the value of a dollar at an early age, love to work and make money, but enjoy having an equally good time while doing it. I have the same drive and motivation and tend to look down on those who have none as well.
Appreciate 3
JP102465.00
BimBimM21486.00