07-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #968
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Boys I haven't put on a single pound since March. Now working from 6am-8pm 6 days/week. I'm still lifting but there's really no point as I don't have time to eat.

Considering mass gainer....legit or nah? I'm not trying to eat a bunch of sugar and look big but chubby.
I will tell you what I tell everyone. When people want to gain or lose weight, they always overestimate what they are taking in. I have had people tell me they can't drop weight and are barely eating. I have them keep a log for just two weeks, and they see how much they are really overeating.

Same thing goes for gaining weight. I've had people tell me they can't gain for any reason, and they are eating 3K-4K calories a day. I ask for the same two week log and most are barely eating 2500.

As for it being quality weight. You have to know what your body is burning. Start keeping that log. If you haven't gained or lost in that two week time frame, take and find your daily average. Then you just add enough calories to spark some growth. Even as little as 200 calories a day extra can work.

With me.....3600-3700 calories a day is my homeostasis point. I stay the same weight. If I want to gain, I add 200-300 calories per day and watch the scale and adjust if needed.

Same with dieting, I drop 200 calories a day and "ride" it until progress stops and then drop another 200 calories per day.

Right now I am coming up on the last 12 days of my diet for the beach. This week I made my final drop to 3K calories per day. Since I started, I'm down 13-14 lbs.

But to end a long post...if you are trying to gain...take in some calorie dense foods. 150 grams of rice is close to 460 calories. One of my meals is 400 grams of chicken, 150 grams of Jasmine Rice, and 100 grams of broccoli done in a "stir-fry" style. That's around 900 calories in that one meal alone.

Takes me maybe 30 minutes to prep and cook it. But do as JP10 stated and cook a lot at one time on an off day, then portion the food out and eat it throughout the day.

It's not easy or fun unless you are demented like some of us, but we do what we have to do!