View Single Post
      03-21-2023, 11:32 AM   #115
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
The stories I hear from the Honda Type R folks are even worse, plus ADM for high demand mini-vans, SUVs, etc recently.

I have a small track event in April and will probably take it out 1-2X a year, curious to see if I experience the same issue. Folks have had OK success wrapping the exhaust that routes directly next to the diff. My real plan is to source -1" 17" wheels and meatier tires to have fun in the dirt and snow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Over the weekend, I went to check out one at my local dealer. Kind of funky looking in person, not my cup of tea but not terrible either. T

hey wanted 20k over sticker though, which is just ludicrous. Even the Type Rs have settled around 10-15 over, which is still insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
ADM's wouldn't be a thing if people just refused to pay them.

When I ordered my '23 BRZ, the sales guy tried to add like $1500 on to it. When I asked what the fee was he told me, I stood up, shook his hand and thanked him for his time.

They immediately removed the ADM.
Agree to all of the above with respect to ADMs. It is really wild in the Honda Civic Type R world. I lived through it the last several months. One thing I told myself early on: I would not pay an ADM on the CTR, not even a modest one. I was able to secure an allocation for MSRP last month and the car arrived at the dealership last week, delivered to me today. I don't want to hijack the GR Corolla thread with CTR stuff so here's a link to my post:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=183